Popular posts from this blog
Unit 2 Rough Draft
Carlee Bears WRT Unit 2 Assignment Discourse is a very complex concept in which it presents a plethora of meanings behind it. Depicting countless experiences and life-altering occurrences in everyday life. Discourse shapes our culture and develops belonging in the world. Without this there would be a lack of personalization and a shearing sense of belonging for all beings. Discourse presents us with our key values and shapes our views on the world. This morphs our beliefs to be different than others and forms our sense of individuality. As individuals with versatile personalities, we belong to many different discourses to form who we are as people. Our identities/personalities are formed through our incorporation of discourse. Community, culture, identification, personality, and overall existence, being formed through discourse makes it unrecognized throughout our lives. This construction of our personality comes to light when two of our discourses meet and possibly clash. ...
My Library History
Growing up, I never spent a significant amount of time in the library. I would occasionally stop in to get a book for an assignment or to use the laptops they provided. Around my junior year of high school, I started to read a little bit more. At this time, I thought my passion was criminology. I was extremely interested in this topic and was convinced that this would be my future profession. I spent a lot more time in the library during this period researching about everything involving criminology, I became fluent in this topic which fueled my passion to continue researching. The library was a part of my community and allowed me to become more involved. From my junior to senior year my goals and passions took a turn. When this happened, I started spending a lot less time in the library. I wasn’t fully sure what I wanted to do in the future, I didn’t have a passion to research or a reason to be in the library often. For the rest of my senior year...
Comments
Post a Comment