My Library History

        Growing up, I never spent a significant amount of time in the library. I would occasionally stop in to get a book for an assignment or to use the laptops they provided. Around my junior year of high school, I started to read a little bit more. At this time, I thought my passion was criminology. I was extremely interested in this topic and was convinced that this would be my future profession. I spent a lot more time in the library during this period researching about everything involving criminology, I became fluent in this topic which fueled my passion to continue researching. The library was a part of my community and allowed me to become more involved. From my junior to senior year my goals and passions took a turn. When this happened, I started spending a lot less time in the library. I wasn’t fully sure what I wanted to do in the future, I didn’t have a passion to research or a reason to be in the library often. For the rest of my senior year, it was mostly the same way. I spent minimal time in the library except for when I had to go for school. When I came to college, I didn’t go to the library for about a month. I was struggling to focus on schoolwork and decided to try doing work in the library. This worked well for me and allowed me to get a lot more work done then I was in my dorm. After this I spent every day doing work in the library. This shifted my perspective of the library and showed me how great of a resource it is for me and has helped me be more successful in school thus far. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unit 2 Rough Draft