Unit 1 Assignment Rough Draft

 

Carlee Bears

WRT Unit 1 Write Up Assignment 

I started cheerleading from a very young age. My interest in cheerleading was sparked around the age of five. My sister was a cheerleader and would always encourage me to join. She would help me learn skills in the backyard and teach me new things every day. At that point, I was also playing soccer and hockey, so I didn't really see cheer in my future. One day I decided I would try out, not because I really wanted to or because I had any idea, I would stick with it for 12 years but more because all my friends were trying out. I didn't care too much about participating but I thought it would be fun, nonetheless. I enjoyed cheerleading much more than I believed I would. I not only enjoyed spending time with my friends, but I loved practices and competitions despite the social aspect as well. I continued to participate for about five years. My sister then tried out at a competitive gym not run through the school, so I decided I would as well. This decision came with a lot of hard choices. If I wanted to cheer competitively, I would have to stop playing soccer and hockey. Despite the difficulties I had making this decision I decided cheerleading is what made me the happiest. From this point on I fully committed to cheerleading and doing anything I could to improve. The gym became my second home and family, I developed great relationships with coaches and friends that I still have today, I would spend every day in the gym for hours at a time. This is also how I learned about dedication, commitment, time management, and so much more. After a few years my hard work had finally paid off and I made the highest-level team at the gym. I was on this team for five years, until I graduated high school. I then tried out for the cheerleading team at Syracuse and am on it now. I am so grateful for the path that led me to stick with cheerleading to this day. It is now a major part of my life and has been for many years. The lessons I learned through cheerleading are crucial to being a good person, athlete, and student. These lessons and experiences I will continue to value and hold with me.

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed this Carlee. I liked how you talked about the lessons cheer has taught you. I would talk about what about the sport made u so happy, why was it different from soccer and hockey? -jadyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading this, and can’t wait to see where you take it from here. One thing I will say is I wish you went more into why you found it difficult to full commit to cheer, what aspects from soccer and hockey were holding you back? I also think you should go more into your cheer career, did you have any injuries or ever struggled with the sport. Overall it is very good and I can’t wait to read the final. -Trinity

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unit 2 Rough Draft

My Library History